Spring has sprung!
Yesterday was the first official day of the season and I couldn't have wished for a more beautiful way to leave behind our unusually long winter. Carolina blue skies and 76 degree weather must be a sign of an especially warm spring season to come. Something about me: I love warm weather (not really a huge fan of humidity though). I guess that can be fact number one, of seven, that I was invited to share with you this morning... which I am so excited about!
I am thrilled to have received these awards from a fellow blogger.... and if you don't already know her, I'd like to introduce to you: Stella - the good and wise witch of culinary art in both the form of cooking and nutrition. She creates wicked delicious looking food in her Witchy Kitchen and has a really awesome section all about natural remedies. I really support this approach since I, personally, can tell a huge difference in my body depending on the kinds of foods I eat or herbal supplements I take. (So I guess that could be factoid #2)
My First Awards
As part of this award I have chosen 7 other bloggers whom I think are all of the above!
1. Theresa at Defying Gravity is a great friend of mine and a big time blogger- her posts are short and sweet but make for good reads (she and I also share an affinity for monogramming.)
2. Justin at Justcook nyc was one of the first people to stumble onto my blog and one of my first followers- thanks for the support Justin! (ps. he cooks fantastic looking food!)
3. Lauren of Celiac Teen; I have reached out to Lauren before with questions about gluten intolerance and she was prompt in offering any kind of advice and help she had. (another fantastic recipe guru!)
4. Natalie of The Little Black Dress; yes, she is my sister and yes she deserves this award! She is a wise one for her age and I encourage you all to go read her blog!
5. Quinn at Quinn's Baking Diary; Quinn, my roommates have been much better about eating their fruit so I'm still waiting for those brown bananas to make steam cake!
6. Kevin over at Closet Cooking; usually I just whip together healthy and flavorful entres since I keep pretty busy but I like to hop over to his blog for ideas when I need an impressive dish for entertaining.
7. Brooke of Cheeky Kitchen; her blog is fun, colorful and creative and usually gets bookmarked in my "crafty cooking" folder.. thanks for the inspiration!
So, Seven Things About Me:
1. I love warm weather and sunshine!!
2. I like to maintain a healthy lifestyle which includes exercising and eating a healthy diet. (I'm so glad I have friends who eat what I bake - without them my hobby would not be possible. Thanks guys! :)
3. I am a morning person!
4. I'm right down the middle: I love baking because you can get so creative with recipes and the presentation of food but I equally enjoy working with Microsoft Excel and analyzing data. (polar opposites and a little dorky, I know.. but its good to have the balance :)
5. Although I am proud of my Hungarian heritage I wouldn't consider Hungarian cuisine my favorite food. (but the desserts are fantastic) I'm pretty sure sushi is among the tops right now. If you live in Charlotte, go to Ru Sans sushi. Amazing.
6. I absolutely love Super Target.
7. I couldn't live without my kitchen aid- it has been my best investment yet!
I hope you all enjoyed getting to know a little about me... Thanks Stella for the opportunity. I'm excited to see what you all share.
Hope you visit again soon!
*Be sure to link from the person that gave you the award, link to the people whom you would like to award, and list 7 things about you!