Friday, August 14, 2009

Starry Night Mini Cupcakes

* Starry Night *
sweet, dreamy, cupcake minis





It was a long night, but a beautiful one spent in my new kitchen! I just moved into my new apartment...I was sold when I saw wood floors and stainless steel appliances. Sure, I'd love to sign a lease...on the granite counter tops :D

I originally wanted to do rainbow cupcakes.. they look like so much fun! but I had already beaten the batter to death so I knew stirring it more to add the food coloring would just make for a cupcake shaped brick! Mmm.. so I added sprinkles instead : ) But the colors seemed to run.. The desired effect was clear confetti spots...the colors swirled (still pretty) but different than I had imagined. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of sprinkles to use?


If Van Gogh baked he would have made these : ))

I got the idea for the swirled icing from Big Red Kitchen

No comments: