These. Are. Gooood.
Don't really want a lot of fluff in this post. Just simply, the best chocolate chip cookies.
But in case you're wondering... My boyfriend requested something sweet (so glad he has a sweet tooth - major bonus to our relationship;) so I looked for a proven recipe and I based mine off two that swore up and down that they were the best chewy chocolate chip cookies ever...
Super Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Tips:
1. Add cornstarch for a chewy cookie - Google this. It works. I didn't have time to dive into the science of it.
2. Use 2 + different type of chocolate chips - Not rocket science, once you think about. It is, after all, a chocolate chip cookie. ;)
3. Chill - Dough has to be chilled for at least 2 hours. Very important. Also, rinse the cookie sheet so that it is cool when you place new cookies on it after each batch so that your cookies don't start to melt before you put them in the oven.
2 cups + 3 tbs flour (spooned and leveled)
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
Pinch of nutmeg (my own addition)
1 tsp corn starch
12 tbs butter, melted, cooled (but not so that it re-solidifies)
1 cup packed, light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups total semi-sweet and dark chocolate chips and chunks (I used nestle)
1. Melt butter in microwave (until there are still some chunks - this took about 1 minute in my weak microwave - and stir until completely melted). Set aside to cool.
2. Whisk flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cornstarch and salt in a bowl and set aside.
3. In a cup, mix eggs and vanilla
4. Using a hand mixer or whisk, mix butter and sugars (they wont dissolve completely - texture will still be sandy)
5. Add in egg mixture until well combined
6. Using a spatula, fold in dry ingredients until just combined
7. Add chocolate chips (and any other mix ins - I think nuts would be a great addition!)
Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop dough and plop onto saran wrap, wrapping each cookie dollop separately. Once wrapped, roll into ball and toss into fridge to chill. This seams like a lot of work - but its much easier than dealing with the tough dough after its chilled. Allow to chill for at least 2 hours to overnight.
Preheat to 325F. Bake cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet for 11-13 minutes depending on how big you made each cookie. Trust me, try one test cookie before you do an entire batch and save yourself any big mistakes.
Remove cookies from oven when they are still slightly under cooked and cool on pan for a few minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Cookies are even better the next day!!